BLACKENED CHICKEN WITH CAESAR SALAD
1 Bottle prepared Italian Dressing (8oz)
1/2 cup Dry white wine
4 Chicken breasts halves Skinned and de-boned
1 tablespoon Dried marjoram leaves
1 tablespoon Dried oregano leaves
1 tablespoon Dried thyme leaves
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Black pepper — freshly ground
1/2 teaspoon Ground red cayenne pepper
1/2 cup Butter or margarine — melted
1 can of 2 oz Anchovies
3 tablespoons Fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Fresh parsley — chopped
1 teaspoon Dijon style mustard
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 Garlic clove — crushed
1/4 cup Olive oil
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese — grated fresh
10 cups Salad greens – mixed
1. Stir dressing and wine in shallow dish to blend; add chicken; marinate 1 hour, turning several times.
2. Grind marjoram, oregano, thyme, salt, black pepper and ground red pepper to fine powder in coffee or spice grinder or mini chop food processor. Spread mixture on plate.
3. Heat a 12 inch cast iron skillet over high heat until smoking, 5 to 10 minutes.
4. Drain chicken; dip into seasoning mixture to coat both sides, shaking off excess. Place in hot skillet; pour 2 T butter over each piece. Reduce heat to medium; cook chicken 3 to 5 minutes on each side until cooked through.
6. Serve chicken, sliced, on top of Caesar salad.
1. Use a fork to mash the anchovies into a paste in a small bowl; stir in the lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, chopped fresh parsley, Dijon style mustard, freshly ground black pepper and the crushed garlic.
2. Whisk in the cup olive oil, slowly; stir in the freshly grated parmesan cheese.
3. Pour the dressing over mixed salad greens in a large bowl; toss thoroughly to coat.