CHICKEN BROCCOLI SALAD
1/3 cup uncooked Bulgur (1 cup of cooked brown rice may be substituted for bulgur.)
2 2/3 cups boiling water
1 teaspoon Chicken bouillon granules
2 Garlic cloves crushed
1 Chicken breast
1/2 cup Broccoli flowerets
2 tablespoons minced green onions
1 teaspoon lime juice
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon Minced Gingerroot
1. Combine Bulgur or Rice & 2/3 cups boiling water in a large bowl; let stand 30 to 45 min. or until liquid is absorbed. Set aside.
2. Combine bouillon granules, garlic, and remaining 2 cups boiling water in a medium saucepan.
3. Bring to a boil over high heat; add Chicken. Cover, reduce heat & simmer 20 min. or until chicken is tender. Remove Chicken & let cool. Discard broth. Bone Chicken and cut into bite size pieces, combine with reserved bulgur or rice.
4. Steam Broccoli 5 min. or until crisp.
5. Add to Chicken mixture. Green onions, lime juice pepper, red pepper flakes and gingerroot to Chicken mixture, tossing well.
6. Cover and chill 2 to 3 hours.