CHICKEN CURRY RICE SALAD
1/2 cup Plain yogurt
3 tablespoons Curry powder
1 Garlic clove — minced
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Ground red pepper
4 Chicken breasts
3 cups cooked rice — cooled (cooked in chicken broth)
1 medium Red pepper — diced
1/2 medium Red onion — sliced
1 cup Snow peas — diced
2 Green onions — sliced
1/3 cup Raisins
1/4 cup unsalted peanuts — chopped
1/4 cup Light Italian dressing
1. Combine yogurt, 2 tablespoons curry powder, garlic clove, salt and ground red pepper in medium bowl; mix well. Place chicken in mixture; stir to coat.
2. Cover and marinate 4 to 6 hours in refrigerator.
3. Grill or broil chicken and cut into strips; refrigerate.
4. Combine rice, remaining 1 tablespoon curry powder, red pepper, red onion, snow peas, green onions, raisins and peanuts; mix well.
5. Cover and refrigerate one hour.
6. Pour dressing over salad; toss.
7. To serve, place chicken strips over salad.